What Has PBA Done for You Lately?
In 2018 and 2019 we accomplished the following:
- Attended County Commission meetings to counter the mis-information that Save Pensacola Beach was spreading about what fee-simple legislation would do to public access on Pensacola Beach.
- Met with Commissioners and SRIA representatives to encourage a referendum that would clearly protect public access, conservation and recreation on the beach.
- Acted as a “watchdog” in the SRIA’s annual budgeting process to assure that residential lease rates would not be increased as requested by staff.
- After meeting with the SRIA, Pensacola Beach Chamber, Escambia County Sheriff's Office and beach rental businesses to discuss the many problems that occurred during Spring Break 2018, the PBA helped to develop a public information and enforcement campaign for Spring Break 2019.
- Met with SRIA Board members and County Commissioners to explain the nearly $9,000,000.00 annual windfall of revenue over expenses that the County realizes from Pensacola Beach. These meetings were in response to numerous comments by some Commissioners that Pensacola Beach was not "paying their fair share" of taxes.
- Held the largest Sea Turtle Baby shower in August 2018, with over 1000 attendees who were educated on the importance of keeping our beaches clean, dark and flat for our nesting sea turtles and shore birds.
- Assisted the Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center's Earth Day celebration.
- Worked with the Beach School and Ocean Hour to recycle enough plastic bottle caps to make a park bench.
Please consider joining if you are a member. Visit www.pbadvocates.org/join